Personal Injury Attorneys in Pittsburgh
We believe that your life shouldn’t be put on hold and compensation is deserved when you or a loved one has been hurt! Any accident caused by the negligence of another can be devastating.
If you’ve been involved in an accident due to someone’s negligence, you want to be sure that you’re taking the correct steps. Our office is dedicated to fighting hard for you, in a variety of personal injury cases. James Crosby will aggressively take on the insurance companies and anyone in the way of recovering damages for you.
How Can I Strengthen My Personal Injury Case in Allegheny County, Westmoreland County and All Surrounding Areas?
Often, people assume that filing a personal injury claim is a straightforward process. Unfortunately, this is far from true. A dispute can arise at any moment of the proceedings and derail your entire case. Regardless of whether you have solid proof of fault, there’s no guarantee that the insurance company will cooperate and pay a fair settlement.
It’s smart to ready your self for any situation by taking steps to strengthen your claim such as:
- Undergo an Immediate Medical Evaluation: Your first step should be to seek medical attention. No matter how minor your injury seems, getting an evaluation right away is essential if you intend to file a personal injury claim. Without official documentation of your injury and symptoms, it will be difficult to tie your injury to the accident and to prove its severity.
- Preserve Evidence: It’s not uncommon for a seemingly insignificant piece of evidence to play a critical role in proving liability or damages. For example, if you crashed your vehicle due to an auto part defect, it’s important that you preserve the vehicle so your attorney and relevant experts can evaluate the damage. If you get the vehicle repaired, it might be difficult to prove that the part was defective or that the defect was the actual or proximate cause of the accident. To avoid disposing of important evidence, it’s a good idea to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
- Call a Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer: The guidance of a skilled personal injury attorney can help you avoid critical mistakes that would lead to unnecessary disputes, delays, and complications. The sooner your lawyer can investigate your case, the better. Essential evidence might be altered or otherwise become unavailable. The best time to contact an attorney is immediately after you undergo a medical evaluation, which should take place on the same day of the injury but certainly no later than 48 hours afterward.
- Don’t Speak to the Insurance Company: Do you remember what you were doing in the moments leading up to the accident? Which parts of your body are in pain? Have you been able to return to work? These questions might seem simple and straightforward, but your answers may be taken out of context to dispute your claim. Insurance companies are businesses like any other, so one of their primary goals is to pay claimants as little as possible. In pursuit of that goal, insurance adjusters often ask leading questions to elicit responses that can be used to deny or undervalue claims. The bottom line: Your lawyer should handle all correspondence with anyone affiliated with the insurance company.
- Limit Your Social Media Activity: Social media posts are often used by insurance companies to dispute liability or damages. To protect your claim, it’s a good idea to disable your social media profiles until the conclusion of the proceedings.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Orders: If you do anything that might cause your injuries to worsen, the insurance company may refuse to pay for 100 percent of your damages. By following your doctor’s orders, you’ll be less likely to face a dispute regarding a failure to mitigate your damages.
There is no charge for your first consultation, so do not hesitate to call us. Contact us at 412-391-0123 to learn about how we can protect your rights if you are filing a personal injury claim in Allegheny County, Westmoreland County or any surrounding area throughout Western Pennsylvania.
Our Personal Injury Practice Serves Clients Throughout Western PA
At the Law Offices of James Crosby, we handle personal injury cases involving:
We will teach you about the personal injury process and procedures involved in your case, outline the typical timeline of a personal injury settlement case and explain your rights.
Hands-On Approach To Working With Clients
Our experienced Pittsburgh personal injury attorneys are fully dedicated to the cases we take on. We will help educate you about the details and what to look forward to. Once you understand the details, we will explain your legal options and the likelihood of reaching a particular favorable outcome. Whether a deal is negotiated or you need representation in the courtroom, we are here to protect your interests.
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer At Our Firm Today
Please contact the Law Offices of James Crosby to schedule a free initial consultation about your personal injury claim. We can be reached by phone at 412-391-0123 or online through email. With locations in both Murrysville and Pittsburgh, PA, we handle cases in the Allegheny County, Westmoreland County courts and all surrounding areas throughout Western Pennsylvania.